Orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese. The combination of prawns, feta, tomatoes and pasta is one that I love. I return to it time and again, for easy one-pot suppers. Orzo is the little pasta If you start with prawns in their shell then keep a few heads on, for the look.
Above all, I love to hear. I love orzo because it is a delicious, toothsome pasta that cooks really fast so it is great with something saucy if you're in a pinch; it is also great for baked pasta dishes. feta cheese. fennel seeds. oranges. orzo pasta. prawns. vegetable stock. chilli flakes. tinned chopped tomatoes. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? You can have Orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese
- You need 100 g of Orzo.
- Prepare 30 g of feta, diced into 1-2 cm pieces.
- You need 20 g of shred fennel.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of fennel seed, toasted and lightly crushed.
- Prepare 30 ml of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 2 of strips shaved orange skin.
- You need 200 g of tin chopped tomato.
- You need 350 ml of gosh stock.
- It’s 200 g of raw shell-off prawns.
- You need 10 g of basil leave, shredded.
Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include. The combination of shrimp, feta, tomatoes, and pasta is one that I love. I return to it time and again for easy one-pot suppers.
Orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese step by step
- Mix the feta, 1/8 tsp of chili flake, 2 tsp of fennel seed and 1 table spoons of oil. Set aside while cooking.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a pan on medium high heat. Put orzo, salt and pepper. Stirring frequently for 3-4 mins until it’s golden- brown. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the same heat and add one table spoon of oil, 1/8 tsp of chili flake and 1 tsp of fennel seed, garlic, and orange skin. Fry for 1 min then add tomatoes, stock half tsp of salt and plenty of pepper. Cook until boiling, then add the fried orzo. Put the cover on, then lower the heat to medium low to simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove the cover and cook for a further 1-2 mins, until the consistency is like a risotto. Stir the prawn for 3 mins until they are cooked. Stir the basil for 10 secs before turn off the heat.
- Serve with marinated feta sprinkle on top. Voilà ❤️.
Orzo is the little pasta that comes in the shape of rice. It's easy to eat a lot of and is widely available. If you start with the shrimp in their shell, then keep a few heads on, just for the. "If you start with prawns in their shell, then keep a few heads on, just for the look. Set aside while you cook the orzo. Today, we're going to make a special dish, orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese.