Mom's Baked Lasagna. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Put a layer of sauce in the bottom of the tray, then a layer of slightly overlapping lasagna noodles.
Get Mom's Lasagna Recipe from Food Network. Lazy Man's (or Lazy Mom's Lasagna) Meatloaf Lasagna. My mom's lasagna recipe, comforting classic Italian-American lasagna with ground beef ragù, cottage cheese and mozzarella.. You can cook Mom's Baked Lasagna using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's Baked Lasagna
- Prepare of 12" foil baking pan.
- It’s of ground turkey.
- Prepare of pork sausage.
- It’s of spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of lasagna noodle.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of parsley flakes.
- It’s of basil leaves.
Share Drain the excess grease and add in the garlic. Saute until the garlic is browned. Stir in the sauce and the water, remove from heat. Combine the cottage cheese, egg and Italian seasoning.
Mom's Baked Lasagna instructions
- Remove casing from sausage and chop it up into small pieces..
- Cook ground turkey and chopped sausage together in a pan and drain the excess fat and oil..
- Boil water for cooking the lasagna noodles.
- Mix in a bowl the spaghetti sauce, salt, sugar, parsley flakes, and basil leaves while waiting for the water to bowl..
- Once water is boiling add the lasagna noodles and cook until al dente..
- Rinse the lasagna noodles with cold water and then pat dry with a towel..
- Layer in the baking pan in this order: noodles, meat, sauce, both cheeses. Until you have filled the baking pan, or to your heart's desire..
- Bake uncovered for 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Let it cool down for 15 minutes before serving..
Prepare the lasagna in layers of pasta and then the cheese mixture. This is my mom's special homemade lasagna recipe with made from scratch tomato sauce and delicious, cheesy filling. I have found none better anywhere. Serve with a leafy green salad and crusty garlic bread, if desired. A mother of two, she loves singing, collecting old vinyl and, of course, cooking.