Deconstructed lasagna. Get Deconstructed Lasagna Recipe from Food Network. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
Using zucchini instead of regular noodles is a great way to lighten up a traditional lasagna meal and add a boost of nutrients. Meanwhile, break lasagna noodles crosswise into thirds or quarters. As noodles simmer, cook sausage in saute pan until cooked and no longer pink. You can have Deconstructed lasagna using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deconstructed lasagna
- You need 2.5 lbs of hamburger.
- You need of Large onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 48 oz of marinara.
- You need 24 oz of wide ribbon noodles.
- It’s 30 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 4 cups of Italian blend cheese.
Deconstructed lasagna is the perfect alternative to slaving away in the kitchen creating layer after painstaking layer of noodles, meat, and sauce. Skip cooking the noodles in a separate pot. Do away with dirtying up three different dishes. Boil the noodles in a big pot of salted water.
Deconstructed lasagna step by step
- Brown hamburger meat until only slightly pink (I seasoned my meat with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.) I don’t have exact measurements to this, I’ve always just eyeballed it..
- Add diced onion and 3 tbsp garlic into the meat and continue cooking until meat is done and onion is slightly translucent..
- Drain fat from meat..
- Add chicken broth, water, marinara and noodles in the pot with the meat..
- Cook until noodles are done. (Should take about 15-20 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix 30 oz of ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tsp basil..
- Once lasagna mixture is done, put it all in the roaster pan..
- Once mixture is in the roaster pan, spread ricotta cheese mixture over the lasagna mixture..
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and 4 cups Italian cheese blend..
- Put in the oven and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted..
Brown ground turkey (or chicken, or beef!) in a deep sided pan. In a large bowl stir the ground beef, pasta, ricotta, and remaining marinara sauce until combined. Pour the pasta mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top. Add in salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.