Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal). Great recipe for Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal). I made homemade chorizo from the recipe posted on here by Barrie. Sooooo I needed something else to make with the last unfrozen bit before it.
When you buy something through a link on my site, I may earn a commission, at no cost to you. Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomato to the skillet. You can cook Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal)
- You need of "oven ready" lasagna noodles – broken into roughly 1" pieces.
- You need of chorizo.
- It’s of oil.
- You need of small onion – chopped.
- You need of medium bell pepper (your color choice) – deseeded, chopped.
- It’s of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of can Cannelini beans.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of chili powder.
- Prepare of (slightly heaping) cumin.
- You need of dried oregano.
- You need of dried basil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of sugar (optional).
- It’s of your favorite hot sauce (optional).
- Prepare of shredded cheese (I used a cheddar mozzarella blend).
Break the lasagna noodles over the skillet and add to the sauce. Press the noodles down as much as possible into the sauce. Add tomatoes, broth and broken lasagna noodles and stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Chorizo Lasagna Skillet (a one pot meal) instructions
- Heat a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbs oil. Begin cooking chorizo, breaking up to a crumble as you go..
- When chorizo is half cooked add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes. Note: If chorizo is lean (mine was because it was homemade) add second tbs of oil along with onion and pepper..
- Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and if desired sugar to taste (used to balance the acidity of tomatoes and heat of other spices)..
- Increase heat to medium high. Bring to a vigorous simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Stir in water and broken lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid slightly vented. Reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Taste. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Add a dash of hot sauce if desired..
- Turn heat off, sprinkle cheese over the top, return lid. Let sit covered 10 to allow cheese to melt and sauce to thicken. Serve topped with sour cream if desired. Enjoy!.
In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Add in the pasta and top with mozzarella and ricotta cheese before serving. Place a wide, high-sided skillet or pot over high heat. Add the beans, Rotel, broth, bell pepper, onion, rice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.