Chicken & Shrimp Noodles.
You can cook Chicken & Shrimp Noodles using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken & Shrimp Noodles
- Prepare 500 Grams of Yellow Noodles.
- You need 2 of Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 12 of Large Shrimp.
- It’s Handful of Choy Sum (Green Leafy Vegetable).
- Prepare 3 of Small Carrots.
- You need of Dehydrated Elephant Ear Mushrooms.
- You need 5 of Shiitake or White Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 1 Can of Baby Corn.
- Prepare 1/2 Can of Bamboo Shoots.
- You need 3 of Green Onions.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Hot Chili.
- You need 3 Tbs of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of Lite Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2 of Heaping Tbs. Chili Bean Sauce.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Broth (Chicken or Seafood).
- Prepare 5 of Spice Powder.
- Prepare of Black or White Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 3 Tbs of Cornstarch & Cold Water Solution.
Chicken & Shrimp Noodles step by step
- Start boiling water for noodles. Wash and prep vegetables. Put elephant ear mushrooms in a bowl and soak in hot water until reconstituted. Slice into strips. (Those things balloon up. You don’t need much). Cube chicken and season with salt, pepper and 5 spice powder..
- Add some cooking oil to a wok. If you don’t have a wok, a big a** pan will do. Sauté onions, garlic, hot chili and chicken for a few minutes. Each time you add veggies, add a little salt and pepper. Toss in carrots and mushrooms. Sauté. Add the bamboo and baby corn (drained) along with 3/4 of the green onion and elephant ear mushroom..
- Lastly, add in the choy sum and shrimp. Don’t forget salt and pepper. You want to extract the liquid from the veggies. Top with chili bean paste, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Incorporate. Add in broth and simmer for a few minutes..
- You’ll see you have a substantial amount of liquid. Add the cornstarch solution. Just enough cold water to dissolve the cornstarch. It should thicken quickly. Too runny? Make more solution. Too thick? Add broth. You’re wanting a gravy like consistency..
- Boil the noodles just a couple of minutes. Once they’ve softened and spread apart, they’re done. Overcooked noodles… are horrible. Drain and add to pan. Toss well. You can also reserve the noodles and add the sauce separately… but you’ll have to contend with the noodles getting dry..
- Plate and top with some of the reserved green onions..