Zucchini Lasagna. It replaces lasagna noodles with slices of zucchini, but still tastes like the lasagna you love! Spoon a layer of marinara on top and cover with half of the zucchini. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish.
Repeat by layering the remaining meat sauce, zucchini slices, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Cut the ends off of the zucchini, and cut in half, lengthwise. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips of zucchini (these will be your "noodles") and set on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. You can cook Zucchini Lasagna using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna
- You need of large zuccihini.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of pasta sauce (Newman’s is best bc they donate profits to charity).
- You need of ground beef or turkey (optional).
- You need of mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare of Cheese (optional).
- It’s of Parsley.
- You need of Oregano / Italian Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
Dab zucchini strips with a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture. In a large pot, add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Please be very careful doing this step. Add another layer of zucchini slices.
Zucchini Lasagna step by step
- Cut zuccihini into long thin strips and salt them. Then cook them in a skillet with olive oil until browned..
- Cook meat & diced mushrooms in skillet.
- Add in marinara sauce to meat/mushrooms.
- Throw some oregano and parsley into the sauce/meat/mushroom mix.
- Make layers of sauce/meat and zucchini.
- Put in microwave or oven for 10 min or so.
This zucchini lasagna is not a traditional lasagna made with zucchini (though that would be good, too). It's a no noodle lasagna that uses zucchini strips instead of noodles! The zucchini makes a lovely noodle-like texture to the cheesy mess. This also makes this a gluten free, paleo and keto lasagna, if that's your diet preference. Drain or blot moisture from the zucchini noodles; place evenly over the bottom of the casserole dish.