Lasagna. Lasagna with Squash and Cheese Sauce. In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt. This is a fabulous lasagna made with an artichoke and spinach mixture which has been cooked with vegetable broth, onions and garlic.
Sprinkle with garlic powder and/or garlic salt, to taste. Sprinkle with red or white wine vinegar. Drain and pat dry the noodles. You can have Lasagna using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- Prepare of ground beef.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of to taste Italian seasoning.
- It’s of to taste Salt & pepper.
- You need of x 24 oz jar pasta sauce.
- You need of egg.
- Prepare of jar ricotta cheese.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of small bunch fresh parsley, chopped (about 1/4 cup).
- It’s of shredded mozzarella.
- You need of lasagna noodles, cooked.
Overlap one third of the noodles atop the sauce to cover the pan bottom. Remove from heat and drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside.
Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes, until fragrant. Add ground beef and cook until brown..
- Add both jars pasta sauce, Italian seasoning to taste and salt & pepper to taste. Stir until evenly mixed and turn heat to low, letting simmer while mixing other ingredients..
- In a medium bowl, mix 1-1/4 c mozzarella, the ricotta cheese, 1/4 c parmesan, egg and parsley. Stir until combined..
- Spread 1-1/2 c meat sauce in bottom of lightly greased 9×13 pan. Top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture, and 1-1/2 c meat sauce, spreading each out evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle top with rest of mozzarella & parmesan..
- Cover tightly with greased foil..
- Bake 1 hour. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes..
- All done!.
When you're in need for a comforting dish, this Classic Lasagna is the perfect recipe. We love the cheese combinations of this recipe: shredded mozzarella, cottage cheese or ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella slices. Yes, each cheese has a reason to be in this recipe. Lasagna is one of the oldest types of pasta, a classic Italian favorite that consists of layered noodles, cheese, sauce and meat. Lasagna noodles are long, flat noodles with two wavy edges, perfect for placing in a casserole dish and layering with cheese and sauce.