Vegetarian Lasagna. This is a fabulous lasagna made with an artichoke and spinach mixture which has been cooked with vegetable broth, onions and garlic. The mixture is layered with lasagna noodles, pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, and topped with crumbled feta. In medium bowl, combine pasta sauce and zucchini; mix well.
For the sauce: Put the olive oil and garlic in a medium pot over low heat. Rinse with cold water, and drain. In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil. You can have Vegetarian Lasagna using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Lasagna
- You need of Whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked + drained.
- It’s 2 cups of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ricotta.
- Prepare 3 oz of mozzarella, crumbled.
- You need 2 oz of parmesan, shredded.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- You need 1 stalk of leek, sautéed + chopped.
- It’s 5 of mushrooms, sautéed + sliced.
- You need 3 oz of No Evil plant meat chorizo, cooked and crumbled.
Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Spinach is the star of this vegetable lasagna recipe. I'll admit, a lot of my recipes are geared toward healthier eating in general, but not all of them. This lasagna is based on my spinach artichoke lasagna on the blog and the roasted eggplant lasagna in my cookbook.
Vegetarian Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Pour a small amount of sauce in the bottom of baking pan. Top with lasagna noodle. Layer with ricotta. Continue layering with filling ingredients/noodles/sauce/meat/ ricotta as desired. Finish top layer with mozzarella and parmesan. Using a tented cover, bake covered for approximately 30 mins. Uncover and continue baking for 10-15 mins until top layer crusts..
I love those less-conventional vegetarian lasagnas. The tomato sauce is the same across all three recipes, but the vegetables. To assemble, spread a little of the vegetable/tomato sauce in a lasagna pan. Layer four cooked noodles in the pan, slightly overlapping them if necessary. Top the ricotta mixture with mozzarella slices.