Pasta-Free Lasagna. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to assemble lasagna. Place zucchini into a large colander. Sprinkle with salt to draw out moisture.
Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. So I went to my trusty pal Google, and I found a recipe that I modified to my own liking. Here is where I found the original zucchini lasagna recipe. You can cook Pasta-Free Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta-Free Lasagna
- You need of shallot, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic or to taste.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of 80/20 beef.
- It’s of sweet Italian sausages, casings removed (pork or chicken).
- It’s of preferred marinara.
- Prepare of big container basil (~30 leaves).
- You need of ricotta.
- You need of parmasean or parm mix.
- It’s of fresh mozzarella (optional).
Then place a single layer of vegetables on top. Evenly spread half the ricotta mixture on top of the vegetables. Place another layer of vegetables on that, and the remaining ricotta, and top with the remaining vegetables. Set ½ teaspoon aside for the marinara sauce.
Pasta-Free Lasagna step by step
- In a dutch oven, sautee shallot in a couple tablespoons of olive oil until browning. Add minced garlic..
- Add ground beef and sausages, mashing up. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid dissolves and meat is browning..
- In a food processor, chop basil with some olive oil to form a simple pesto..
- Layer ingredients (sauce, meat, pesto, cheeses) in two 9" or smaller cassorole dishes or one big baking dish. Make sure cheese is top layer..
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and lasagna is bubbling. Scoop to serve!.
Place the ground beef in a large platter or bowl, then mix in the remaining seasoning, parmesan cheese, and beaten egg yolk. Flatten the beef with a spatula or back of a spoon. In a deep baking dish arrange all the zucchini sheets at the bottom. Repeat the process in the same order until you use up all the filling and the. Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, wine, basil, and oregano, adding a small amount of hot water if sauce is too thick.