Italian Lasagna Rolls. Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down, without touching, atop the bechamel sauce in the dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles and ricotta. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
Cook a few extra noodles in case they break. Drain noodles and quickly lay out on a clean towel to dry and cool down. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. You can cook Italian Lasagna Rolls using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Lasagna Rolls
- You need of lasagna pasta.
- Prepare of ricotta cheese.
- It’s of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of egg.
- It’s of pecorino romano cheese.
- It’s of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of marinara sauce.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and, if desired, fennel seed; heat through. Carefully roll up noodles and place seam. Roll noodle up and place roll upright in dish so filling shows.
Italian Lasagna Rolls step by step
- Boil lasagna in pot of salted water until aldente (cooked but firm).
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl(except sauce).
- Put a ladle of sauce spread out on the bottom of a baking tray..
- Put a healthy scoop of cheese mix at one end of a lasagna strand & roll..
- Fill the tray with rolls & ladle some sauce over the rolls & sprinkle some shredded mozzarella & grated cheese over the rolls..
- Bake in 425° pretty heated oven until top slightly browns..
- Remove from oven. Let sit & firm a bit & serve..
Repeat with remaining noodles and filling. Spoon remaining sauce over and around rolls. An infinitely flexible dish, there are many different styles of lasagna from different regions of Italy, from the ornate Neapolitan lasagna di carnevale, filled with hand-rolled meatballs, eggs, and sausage, to the hearty northern Italian style from Emilia-Romagna loaded with rich besciamella and ragu sauces. Prepare remaining rolls in the same manner. Spoon a thin layer of sauce into a baking pan, top with the lasagna rolls, seam side down, and cover with remaining sauce.