Slow Cooker Lasagna. Start with a skillet and finish with a slow cooker. A saute of onion, garlic and ground beef is simmered with tomato and oregano, then layered in a slow cooker with raw lasagna noodles and a creamy blend of cottage cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
Rinse the eggplant and zucchini under running water and spin until mostly dry. Overlap the noodles slightly and press. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. You can have Slow Cooker Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Lasagna
- You need of Meat Sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (29 oz.) of tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes).
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare Pinch of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of each dried parsley, dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cheesy Filling:.
- It’s 1 container (15 oz.) of Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Other things you need:.
- Prepare 6-8 of lasagna noodles (not oven ready).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
Break the noodles to fit the inside of the slow cooker and cover the meat sauce. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano. Cook long enough to get it warm. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Lasagna step by step
- Grease your slow cooker well and set aside. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and the beef. Cook and break up the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if needed..
- Stir in the garlic and let it cook until fragrant, just a minute or so. Then stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar and seasonings. Let this simmer for 5-10 minutes just to let the flavors meld together. Then remove it from the heat and set aside..
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, seasonings, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Set that aside..
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, spread about 1 cup of sauce…more if needed to completely coat the bottom. Place 2-3 of the lasagna noodles over the meat sauce, breaking them up to fit as best you can..
- Place about a third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it all over..
- Repeat this process. I get 3 layers altogether. After the last layer of ricotta mixture, spread over the last of the meat sauce. Top with the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. At this point you could always place the lid on and store it in the fridge until ready to cook..
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the noodles are tender. Then scoop it out the best you can and serve immediately..
Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet; stir in pasta sauce and water. How to Make Lasagna in the Slow Cooker.