Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly.
You can have Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly
- Prepare 2 lbs of wild 60-70 shrimp (medium sized).
- You need 4 of jalepenos, de-seeded and roughly chopped.
- It’s 4 oz of high quality bacon or pork belly, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Vidalia onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of lemon, juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Valentina hot sauce or to taste.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter (unsalted).
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt and cracked pepper.
- You need 4 of scallions, sliced, reserve extra for garnish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley (for garnish).
- It’s of For the Grits.
- You need 1 cup of geechie boy grits (or wtv brand).
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter (unsalted).
- You need 1/4 cup of cream cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
Shrimp + Grits w/ Pork Belly step by step
- Prep all the vegetables like peppers, onions, garlic, scallions, parsley and pork belly (this is so necessary).
- Add 4 cups of water to a stock pot and bring to a boil. Add in the grits and salt and stir. Once it’s at a boil reduce to medium low and keep stirring. Cook for 25 min..
- In a large saucepan on medium heat add the pork belly and cook until crisp and fat is rendered.
- Add the onions, garlic, jalapeños. Sauté for 2 min. Add shrimp (peeled and deveined) and season with salt and pepper). Cook for 4 minutes..
- Mix water and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside. This will thicken the shrimp and grits..
- Add the hot sauce, lemon juice, scallions to the pot and scrape the bacon bits on the bottom of the pan. Add cornstarch mixture and let come to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 min while finishing up grits. Fold in butter and turn off the heat..
- When grits have soaked up most of the liquid (add more water if needed) add in the cream cheese and butter and stir for 2-3 minutes until combined. Turn off the heat..
- Plate grits and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with scallions and parsley and enjoy! 🤤.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? TAG @EATING_MYSELF_ALIVE_ATL ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #EATINGMYSELFALIVE.