Eggplant lasagna. Our eggplant lasagna is a delicious, crowd-pleasing dinner that results from swapping traditional lasagna noodles for slabs of fresh eggplant. Besides being a great gluten-free and low-carb alternative to classic lasagna, this comforting casserole is the perfect way to put a load of summer eggplant to good use. The best eggplant to use in this lasagna recipe are the most tubular-shaped that.
Some eggplant lasagna recipes ask you to grill the eggplant slices instead. While this imparts a nice smoky flavor, I find that grilling individual slices is too time-consuming; roasting is hands-off and more convenient since you have to turn on the oven anyway. Lay eggplant slices out onto prepared baking sheets into a single layer. You can have Eggplant lasagna using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant lasagna
- You need of eggplants.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Basil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of marinara sauce or favorite spaghetti sauce.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Hot sauce optional.
Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay slices on a cooling rack and season with salt. Add a layer of eggplant slices, covering the bottom of the dish completely. It's okay if the eggplant slices overlap slightly.
Eggplant lasagna step by step
- Cut eggplants and then in a bowl mix all seasonings with Olive oil (use whatever seasoning you like or have on hand).
- Place eggplant on cookie sheet and with grilling Brush add seasoning mixture to each slice on both sides cook on 400 to 8-10 mins remove from oven.
- In a 13×9 baking dish put a small layer of sauce down so it don’t stick then place eggplant in the dish add sauce then cheese Repeat till all eggplant is used..
- Cook on 400 till cheese melts.
- In this picture you can see I only had 4 slices left I just put it on top and all the rest of the sauce and spread it out the best I could and cover it with cheese..
- Notes- you can add other veggies or meat in the sauce. I severed this with cheesy bread. Salad would go with this as well..
- If adding other veggies like squash and zucchini make it the same way as the eggplant..
Add a layer of the ricotta mixture and spread in a thin, even layer. The key to making Eggplant Lasagna as tasty (and satisfying as!) a lasagna you'd order in an Italian restaurant is to properly prepare the eggplant itself. Since the eggplant slices stand in for the lasagna noodles (a serious job in the business of lasagna), it's important that the eggplant both tastes great and has a fantastic texture. This easy eggplant lasagna recipe is all the flavor and comfort of classic lasagna but without the noodles! Roasted eggplant slices, layered with a delicious cheese mixture with spinach and fresh herbs.