4 Hour Lasagna. You won't need to turn on the oven to make this creative Four Hour Lasagna Quilt. Take a look at this quilt recipe and see how you can use strip quilt piecing to make a jelly roll quilt pattern with stand-out layers of color and overall design. You won't be able to stop looking at it.
Also added some Italian spices, not too much, and no salt. It's been rainy and cold lately, so I spent the week making lasagna. A better cook could probably do this faster, but I enjoy taking my time when I make food. You can have 4 Hour Lasagna using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 4 Hour Lasagna
- You need of any red pasta sauce.
- Prepare of alfredo sauce.
- It’s of med onion.
- You need of green pepper.
- Prepare of no bake lasagna noodles.
- You need of ground beef.
- It’s of italian sausage.
- It’s of small carrot (optional).
- You need of frozen peas (optional).
- You need of salt pepper garlic powder and italian seasoning.
- It’s of red wine.
- It’s of Sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare of mozzarella cheese.
Pour in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and wine*. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a pan. Season well with salt and pepper.
4 Hour Lasagna instructions
- Sweat the onion and green pepper. Feel free to sweat the carrot and fresh garlic if you are so inclined.
- Add ground beef and sausage. Cook till pink is gone, drain and add your red tomato sauce, wine and mushrooms. Turn heat to simmer and let it reduce by about a quarter or less. You may want to add a touch of sugar if your not using carrots its up to you.
- After reducing the sauce add your peas if you desire..
- Take a quarter to half of the mix and put into another bowl and add half of the alfredo sauce. Stir well..
- Now its time to assemble. Use whatever pan you have thats at least two inches deep. Add a layer of the red to the bottom. Dont forget to grease that pan or it will stick. Add a layer of noodles over that. Then add a layer of the alfredo/red blend and a layer of mozzerella cheese..
- Now add another layer of noodles and use your red sauce. Alternate sauces every layer until you reach the top. Season each layer with your herbs and seasonings of your choice. Add a little cheese to the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 45 min. If your using a deeper dish and have more than three layers bake for at least one hour. Remove foil and continue to bake another ten minutes until the top is golden or at least well melted. Add a little parm cheese if you wish..
- Let stand for about ten to fifteen minutes then eat it. Bon Apetite kids!.
Remove the meatballs and sausage from the sauce, and set aside to cool slightly, then chop coarsely. I chose four recipes that each took a unique approach to this type of lasagna. Martha Stewart's recipe also included the classic components, but. In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt. Remove from heat and drain fat.