Hearty Zuccini and Kale Lasagna – Vegan. To Assemble the Lasagna: Take a deep baking dish and layer with chopped kale, sliced zucchini and sliced tofu. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper. Similarly, make another layer of the vegetables, sauce and cheese.
In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, and remaining salt, stir until well combined, set aside. Spread half the cauliflower filling over noodles, followed by half of the vegetables. Top with one layer of zucchini. You can cook Hearty Zuccini and Kale Lasagna – Vegan using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty Zuccini and Kale Lasagna – Vegan
- It’s Sheet of pasta (homemade https://biancazapatka.com/en/homemade-vegan-pasta/ or store bought).
- You need of Bread crumbs.
- You need of Tomato paste.
- Prepare of Plant based cheese.
- Prepare 2 of Zuccinis.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Plant based ground.
- It’s 3 of medium cremini mushrooms.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 8 of medium tomatoes or 2 cans whole tomatoes.
- Prepare of Quarter cup of olive oil.
- You need 3 cloves of minced or finely sliced garlic.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 6 leaves of fresh basil or use dried basil to taste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Oregano.
- It’s 5 leaves of small chopped kale, main spine removed.
Add a layer of herbed ricotta, tempeh beef, and marinara sauce in that order. Repeat once more ending with marinara sauce. Add one more layer of pasta and top with the remaining sauce. Slice halfway through the rutabaga, just to the center (careful not to go further.) Spiralize the rutabaga, using Blade A.
Hearty Zuccini and Kale Lasagna – Vegan step by step
- Put quarter cup of olive oil in pan and add minced garlic, let cook till slightly browned..
- Put in tomatoes, let cook down till thick ~ 30 minutes.
- Add basil, salt, pepper and oregano in as tomatoes cook down..
- In separate pan, cook mushrooms and plant based meat until browned. Season with garlic salt and pepper..
- In another pan, sauté Zuccini in olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper. Cook until browned slightly and softer..
- In a pot, add chopped kale rubbed in olive oil and small amount of water. Let kale cook down till soft..
- Add Zuccini to base of lasagne pan around 8’ by 8’. Put plant based cheese on top of Zuccini..
- Mix kale with sauce once cooked down, layer on top of cheese..
- Add pasta sheet on top..
- Add plant based meat and mushroom mix, add cheese, and add kale/tomato sauce..
- Add pasta on top, add layer of tomato paste and then another layer of pasta..
- Add one more layer of tomato paste and then add layer of bread crumbles, cheese and garlic salt mixed together..
- Throw in oven at 325 degree for 30-40 minutes, let cool and enjoy!.
Place a medium pot over medium-high heat, add in the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, lower heat to low to keep warm on the stovetop. Zucchini is a prolific vegetable and two zucchini bushes in your garden plot will provide you more than enough zucchini for the season. Spread half of the ricotta/cottage cheese mixture over the zucchini in an even layer then spread half of the vegetable sauce on top. Add one final layer of zucchini slices to the top and cover with aluminum foil.