Sweet and sour shrimp. Sweet and sour shrimp is a Chinese food favorite! With this quick and easy recipe, you can try it at home now! Heat a large wok over high heat.
Add more water to loosen the Sauce if it dries up or. How to make sweet and sour shrimp. Begin with the sauce: In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, cornstarch, and rice vinegar. You can cook Sweet and sour shrimp using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour shrimp
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice.
- You need 1 cup of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 cup of green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 16-20 of shrimp.
- You need 1 cup of carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of pineapple.
This healthier Sweet and Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry has all the flavor of your favorite restaurant version without all the calories and loads of sugar! Sweet and sour chicken used to be my go-to for Chinese takeout food. Crispy pieces of battered chicken in a sticky sweet sauce, I couldn't resist the stuff. Sweet and Sour Shrimp is a classic take-out item, but it's actually not that hard to make at home.
Sweet and sour shrimp instructions
- In a measuring cup, combine cornstarch and water; set aside.
- Peel, rinse and devein shrimp; season with salt and pepper; set aside..
- Chop vegetables; set aside.
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- In a medium saucepan, add rice vinegar,soy sauce,sugar, ketchup, bring to boil; turn heat to simmer and set aside.
- Add oil to a large, non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add bell peppers, pineapple and carrot; cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add shrimp to skillet; cook 3 minutes until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into skillet; reduce heat and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Plate rice, then add shrimp and sauce; garnish with green onions or thym and sesame seeds.
They key to this recipe is doing all of the prepwork in advance. The sweet portion of this Sweet and Sour Shrimp comes primarily from the diced pineapples as well as a bit of sugar and ketchup in the sauce. Sweet-and-Sour Shrimp. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sweet-and-sour dishes are a wonderfully delicious way to experience the yin and yang of Chinese cooking. In this recipe, a variety of colors are used in the If you decide not to use the celery and carrot, you can cut all the vegetables into chunks to match the pineapple and the shrimp shapes.