Lower sodium Lasagna. Combine the tomato sauce, carrots, and minced garlic in a blender and puree until smooth. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the tomato sauce puree, the spices, and the red wine vinegar to the saucepan.
Not only are you able to make a cheesy, zesty, perfectly comforting classic dish with less sodium, I've also figured out how to turn this into the best gluten-free lasagna for an even healthier meal that still tastes just as yummy and satisfying as your favorite traditional lasagna recipe. Cook lasagna noodles per package directions and reserve. Drain well and rinse with cool water. You can have Lower sodium Lasagna using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lower sodium Lasagna
- You need of hot ground sausage.
- You need of lean ground beef.
- It’s of minced onions.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- It’s of can no salt crushed tomatoes.
- You need of can no salt tomato paste.
- Prepare of cans no salt tomato sauce.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of fresh basil.
- It’s of Italian seasoning.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s of ricotta cheese.
- You need of egg.
- It’s of pkg Italian shredded cheese.
- It’s of mozzarella cheese slices.
- You need of funnel seeds.
- Prepare of lasagna noodles.
Meanwhile, brown ground beef and drain well; return to pan. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Spread half the ricotta over noodles. This Low Sodium Meatball Lasagna made in the Instant Pot is so easy to make and tastes as good as a pan layered lasagna.
Lower sodium Lasagna step by step
- Brown sausage and ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain grease.
- In large pan, mix crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce with seasoned sausage and ground beef. Add sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley,.
- Simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally..
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, rise with cold water. Drain.
- In mixing bowl, mix ricotta with egg, remaining parsley.
- Spread 1 1/2 cu meat sauce in 9×13 baking dish. Layer 4 noodles over sauce. 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture. Top with Italian cheese. Repeat layer. Top with mozzarella cheese..
- Cover with foil. Make sure foil doesn't stick to cheese by spraying with Pam spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes. Cool before serving.
It is a little messier in appearance compared to a nice layered slice of lasagna but, for the ease, time savings and taste it is well worth it. Sodium causes the body to retain water and a low sodium diet helps in controlling high blood pressure and water build up. Organic pasta layered with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan, plus tender organic veggies in an authentic Italian sauce made in-house from sun-ripened organic tomatoes. It takes longer to make lasagna our way, but we think the taste is worth it. Sodium: All of our recipes are low in sodium because it is hard on kidneys and raises blood pressure.