Chicken lasagna. This is a wonderful recipe passed on to me from my Dad. It is simple and delicious — perfect for family gatherings! I usually make this dish the night before and pop in the oven the next day.
Remove from the heat; stir in soup, milk, pimientos and basil. Our best chicken lasagna will make even the pickiest eaters at your table join the clean plate club. Learn how to make chicken lasagna for dinner tonight or prepare in advance for your potluck next week. You can cook Chicken lasagna using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken lasagna
- It’s of Red sauce.
- You need of Purple onion 1 big size and chopped.
- Prepare of Boneless chicken 1.5 to 2 lbs chicken breast.
- Prepare of Tomatoes 3, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare of Pasta sauce.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of Cumin powder.
- Prepare of White sauce.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Salt – 1 teaspoon or to taste.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese 0.5 to 1 cup grated.
- Prepare of Cream.
- You need of Garlic 2 cloves minced.
- It’s of Nutmeg.
- You need of sheets Lasagna.
- You need of Lasagna sheets – boiled.
Chicken Lasagna is the perfect make-ahead meal to either refrigerate and bake the next day or to assemble and freeze. You can make and assemble the entire lasagna a day in advance and refrigerate (without baking). I actually prefer assembling it the day before because it allows time for the flavors to build and marry. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Chicken lasagna instructions
- Red sauce: put oil, then add chopped onions and saute (don't brown them), then add tomatoes and cook. Once it's all cooked, add 1 jar of pasta sauce. Then add all chicken breasts. Once chicken is cooked, make sure you take it out and shred it with two forks, and then put the shredded chicken bag in while it cooks. Cook sauce for 3 hrs because you want to make sure that tomatoes are fully cooked. If cooked in pressure cooker or Crock-Pot/instapot, then can reduce the time to 30 to 40 minutes..
- For white sauce: in a separate pan, add butter, add minced garlic and saute then add flour and salt and pepper and whisk. Once it has turned light brown, add milk while whisking. Add cream (you can skip this if you dont have cream), then cheese, keep whisking until it thickens. Add a pinch of nutmeg. Take it off of heat..
- To make the layers, first put some oil in the pan. Then put 1 layer of red sauce. Then sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese, then put sheets of lasagna, then add white sauce and then cover with grated mozzarella cheese and then put another layer of lasagna sheets. Repeat until out of all sauce..
- Bake in oven at 375 F for 30 minutes. Then broil for 1-2 minute to make sure the top cheese has a nice golden look. Be careful with broiling, it can burn the top, so keep watching it while it happens and take it out as soon as you think that the color of the cheese is good enough..
Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning and some salt. This lasagna is a meal in itself. Spread with half of the cheese mixture. Toss stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole. Place chicken broth and milk in a saucepan and heat.