Lasagna. Lasagna with Squash and Cheese Sauce. In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt. This is a fabulous lasagna made with an artichoke and spinach mixture which has been cooked with vegetable broth, onions and garlic.
Sprinkle with garlic powder and/or garlic salt, to taste. Sprinkle with red or white wine vinegar. Drain and pat dry the noodles. You can have Lasagna using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It’s of Lasagna Noodles, No Bake.
- You need of (2) Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Grated.
- Prepare of (1/2) Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated.
- It’s of For The Sauce.
- It’s of (1) Lb Italian Sausage.
- You need of (1) Lb Ground Beef.
- It’s of (1) Onion, Diced.
- It’s of (1) Cup Sliced Mushrooms.
- It’s of (2) Tbsp Garlic, Minced.
- It’s of (1) 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes.
- Prepare of (1) 28oz Can Diced Tomatoes.
- You need of (1) 12oz Can Tomato Paste.
- You need of (1/2) Cup Water.
- Prepare of (1) Tbsp Sugar.
- You need of (3) Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped.
- Prepare of (3) Tsp Basil.
- You need of (1) Tsp Fennel Seed.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Salt.
- You need of (1) Tbsp Pepper.
- You need of For The Cheese Mixture.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Lb Mozzarella Cheese, Grated.
- You need of (2) Egg.
- You need of (1) Lb Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare of (1) Lb Cottage Cheese.
- Prepare of (3) Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped.
Overlap one third of the noodles atop the sauce to cover the pan bottom. Remove from heat and drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside.
Lasagna step by step
- In a Large skillet add ground sausage, ground hamburger, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Fry until brown, drain excess fat..
- Add all remaining sauce ingredients stir well, simmer 35 minutes on low heat..
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a large bowl add all of the cheese mixture ingredients. Stir well until a thick paste..
- In a Large baking pan (The one I use is 18 x 13), coat bottom and sides with olive oil. Add a large scoop of the meat sauce, spread out to coat bottom of pan. Add layer of noodles, spread half the cheese mixture over noodles. Spread half the meat sauce over the cheese mixture. Repeat 1 more layer of noodles, cheese mixture and meat sauce..
- Cover top with the 2 cups of Mozzarella Cheese, sprinkle the 1/2 cup of Parmesan over that. Sprinkle Parsley on top..
- Bake 45 minutes..
- Let rest 15 minutes..
When you're in need for a comforting dish, this Classic Lasagna is the perfect recipe. We love the cheese combinations of this recipe: shredded mozzarella, cottage cheese or ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella slices. Yes, each cheese has a reason to be in this recipe. Lasagna is one of the oldest types of pasta, a classic Italian favorite that consists of layered noodles, cheese, sauce and meat. Lasagna noodles are long, flat noodles with two wavy edges, perfect for placing in a casserole dish and layering with cheese and sauce.