Italian Sausage Lasagna Roll-Ups. Place a sausage half on a short end; carefully roll up. Cut in half widthwise; place ruffle side up in sauce mixture. Repeat with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture and sausages.
Mix the ricotta cheese,egg, salt, pepper and grated Parmesan in a small bowl. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. You can have Italian Sausage Lasagna Roll-Ups using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage Lasagna Roll-Ups
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- It’s of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s of oregano.
- You need of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare of mild Italian sausage.
- Prepare of ricotta cheese.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions until tender. Lay the cooked noodles out on a cutting board. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Add crushed red pepper flakes, basil and marinara.
Italian Sausage Lasagna Roll-Ups step by step
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain. Set aside..
- Brown & drain sausage. Set aside..
- For sauce, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat until hot. Sauté garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce & oregano. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes. Set aside..
- Spread 1 cup sauce in bottom of casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, onion powder, & sausage. Mix well..
- Spread equal portions of ricotta mixture over each noodle. Roll up noodles, jelly roll fashion, & arrange in the prepared baking dish..
- Spoon remaining sauce over roll ups. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes..
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve..
To make a rollup, lay down lasagna noodles. Add ricotta, sauce and sausage mixture, and mozzarella. Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly; drain fat. Arrange seam sides down in the baking dish. Top roll-ups with remaining sauce and mozzarella.