Zucchini boat lasagna. Season lightly with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper. Spoon meat sauce on top of ricotta mixture.
Once the ground beef is cooked, add tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and oregano to the pan and stir to combine. This noodle-less Zucchini lasagna recipe will definitely become a regular meal on your dinner table. It is a healthier version of your typical lasagna recipe. You can cook Zucchini boat lasagna using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini boat lasagna
- You need of Hamburger.
- It’s of Ground italian sausage.
- It’s of Ricotta cheese.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- You need of Pizza sauce.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Sliced Pepperoni.
- Prepare of medium-sized zucchini's.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
I love the fact that this Zucchini Lasagna boat recipe is low in carbs, keto-friendly, and Gluten-free. What's there to not like about this recipe. How to Make Lasagna-Stuffed Zucchini Boats. Here's what makes our recipe a little extra special: We use not one, but three kinds of cheese: Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta.
Zucchini boat lasagna instructions
- Cut zucchini in half length way. Use a spoon and scrape seeds out makeing a boat.
- When Coat the inside lightly with olive oil and lightly season with garlic salt..
- Put on foil covered cookie sheet cut side down, this helps steam the zucchini. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or till zucchini is pierced with a fork easily..
- While zucchini is baking in a fyring pan brown the sausage and hamburger mix in the minced garlic while frying..
- When done browning remove from heat and drain greece. Return to burner and ad 3/4 of the jar of pizza sauce cook till starts to bubble then remove from heat..
- When the zucchini is cooked remove from oven..
- At this point meat and sauce cooled a little, now add the whole container of ricotta cheese to the mix and stir well..
- After mixed fill each boat with the mixture..
- Place a layer of pepperoni on top then coat every thing with mozzarella cheese..
- Lastly drizzle leftover sauce lightly over cheese..
- Return to oven for 15 minutes, it is done enjoy..
To keep things light and healthy, ground chicken is our meat of choice for these zucchini boats. To stuff the zucchini boats, add a very thin layer of ricotta, or cottage cheese into the bottom of the zucchini boat, then fill with your meat mixture, and finally sprinkle each lightly with shredded mozzarella. Spread ricotta on bottom of each zucchini boat, then spoon beef sauce over ricotta layer and sprinkle with mozzarella. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna.