Caprese lasagna roll ups. Snugly roll lasagna noodles to opposite end. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook pasta according to directions listed on pkg.
Sprinkle with remaining shredded Mozzarella cheese. Remove from oven and serve roll ups with more chopped basil. Snugly roll the lasagna noodles to the opposite end. You can have Caprese lasagna roll ups using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caprese lasagna roll ups
- Prepare of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare of garlic, minced, divided.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella, divided.
- You need of freshly grated Parmesan.
- It’s of container ricotta.
- It’s of large egg.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of cooked lasagna noodles (from 1 lb.).
Cover the edges of pasta so they don't dry out while baking. Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups is all those things. Lasagna rolls can be made with any of your standard lasagna fixings… meat sauce, white sauce, sausage or lots of vegetables. This 'caprese' version using fresh tomatoes, mozarella and basil is fresh and tasty.
Caprese lasagna roll ups step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add cherry tomatoes and balsamic and cook until tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, then add half of the garlic and stir until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl and wipe out skillet..
- Make sauce: To same skillet over medium heat, add butter. Let melt, then add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook until golden, 2 minutes more. Whisk in milk and simmer until thick and creamy, 3 minutes, then stir in 1 cup mozzarella and all of the Parmesan. Spoon a thin layer of sauce onto the bottom of an 8"-x-8" baking dish..
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg, then season with salt and pepper..
- Assemble lasagna rolls: Lay cooked noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spread with ricotta and tomato mixture, then drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with basil, and roll up. Pack the roll-ups tightly and upright in the baking dish. Spoon the rest of the sauce on top of the roll-ups and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake until golden, 27 to 30 minutes..
Snugly roll lasagna noodles to opposite end. Align lasagna roll ups, seam side down in dish. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onions. Cook until they soften, then add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Mix in the tomato purée and the chopped.