Simple Meatless Lasagna. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. With luscious layers of cheese, veggies, and sauce, no one will miss the meat in these vegetarian lasagna recipes. Combine tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, and MORNINGSTAR FARMS Burger Style Recipe Crumbles in a large mixing bowl.
Vegans can sub in a vegan ricotta cheese or tofu. This is an 'easy' recipe so I am suggesting that you use a premade pasta sauce. Vegans can use a vegan pasta sauce. You can cook Simple Meatless Lasagna using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Meatless Lasagna
- Prepare of oven ready lasagna noodles – no need to boil.
- Prepare of container ricotta.
- It’s of grated parmesan.
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of salt – divided.
- It’s of jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite variety).
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of Italian blend shredded cheese – divided.
Or, you can make your own pasta sauce. This easy cheesy meatless lasagna uses no-boil noodles (my favorite!) to make this as simple a recipe as possible! Combine both pasta sauces in a medium-sized bowl. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper; mix well.
Simple Meatless Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl mix together ricotta, parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup shredded cheese until well combined..
- Pour 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce into a 9×13 inch cake pan or casserole dish, swirl to coat bottom. Add water and 1/2 tsp salt to remaining sauce in jar. Secure lid and shake to combine..
- Arrange 4 lasagna noodles side by side in a single layer running lengthwise in center of pan. Spread half of the ricotta mixture evenly over the noodles. Pour 1/3 of sauce mixture over ricotta..
- Repeat layers: 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1/3 of sauce in jar. Top with one last layer of noodles, last 1/3 of sauce, then shredded cheese evenly over the top..
- Cover with foil, being sure not to touch the cheese. Bake 1 hr. Remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note 1: If you want to lightly brown your cheese remove foil for last 10-15 minutes of cooking. My husband doesn't like it this way so we leave it covered the entire time. Lol.
- Note 2: Ensure the lasagna noodles you purchase say "oven ready" or "no boil" on them or else you will have to boil before assembling the lasagna..
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cook a few minutes more, until some of the liquid is gone, then remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add the kale mixture and stir to combine. An easy vegetarian lasagna with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan.