5 cheese lasagna. Top with half of the mascarpone/ricotta cheese mixture. (It. Produces a drier lasagna since the noodles are cooked in the sauce. This lasagna is a little bit classy and works perfectly for holiday meals!
Fortunately, the meat sauce recipe referred to below can be made in large batches that freeze beautifully for future use. Since it is a great make-ahead recipe, you can easily make this to share with friends or family who could use an extra meal in the freezer. Place the lasagna noodles in a pan of hot water and make certain they are completely covered. You can cook 5 cheese lasagna using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 5 cheese lasagna
- You need of garlic onion pasta sauce.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of Italian herbs.
- It’s of table spoons onion powder.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of diced tomatoes with garlic.
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of lasagna noodles.
- It’s of bags of mozzarella shredded cheese.
- You need of bags shredded Colby jack cheese.
- Prepare of grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need of tub of cottage cheese.
- It’s of tub ricotta cheese.
In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg and nutmeg. Excellent basic cheese lasagna recipe that can be tailored very easily for family preferences. These completely avoid precooking the pasta and handling hot noodles. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
5 cheese lasagna step by step
- Cooked ground beef and chop finely..
- Mix 1/2 of all the spices into the ground beef and add in spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes. Add all of the sugar into it..
- Boil noodles until Aldente and drain. Do not rinse pasta..
- Start by layering your 13×9 baking pan with noodles then spread some of the ricotta on them then cottage cheese, top with ground beef and sauce mixture then all cheeses, and season each layer as you go with remaining spices..
- Repeat until Pan is full topping the final layer with noodles, sauce and meat mixture and shredded cheeses. Keep cottage cheese and ricotta for the internal layers not for the final top layer. I add a little extra Italian seasoning and pepper on top. For appearance and taste..
- Cover and bake on 375 for 35-45 minutes until got all the way through and cheese fully melted. Remove foil last 10 minutes for baking to brown cheese lightly..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving so sauce and noodles can set a little firmer. Pairs great with Texas toast or salad or perfectly delicious all by itself! This recipe makes at least an 8-10 lb pan of lasagna but holds for about 5-7 days in the fridge..
In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, cottage, Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Olive Garden Five Cheese Lasagna is a meatless dish that can be made ahead of time and reheated later. This is the perfect dish when you want a filling, and vegetarian meal. Olive Garden Recipes are very popular, you can make copycat recipes that taste just like the restaurant at home. This lasagna also uses five different cheeses!