Grilled Vegetable Lasagna. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Make sauce: Heat oil in large, heavy saucepan on medium. Add bell peppers to eggplant mixture.
Cool; combine in a large bowl. Add bell peppers to eggplant mixture. Heat a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. You can have Grilled Vegetable Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
- Prepare of eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices (3 lbs).
- Prepare of zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8 inch slices.
- You need of Cooking spray.
- Prepare of salt, divided.
- Prepare of freshly ground pepper, divided.
- You need of red bell peppers, quartered and seeded.
- Prepare of container fat-free ricotta cheese.
- It’s of large egg.
- It’s of grated asiago cheese, divided.
- You need of minced fresh basil.
- Prepare of minced fresh parsley.
- You need of lasagna noodles, divided.
- Prepare of jar tomato basil spaghetti sauce, divided.
- It’s of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided.
- Prepare of commercial pesto.
Wash, halve and deseed the peppers. Peel and thickly slice the onions. Wash and thinly slice the zucchini. Brush all the vegetables with a little oil, season with salt and pepper and cook on both sides on a hot charcoal grill.
Grilled Vegetable Lasagna instructions
- Preheat grill.
- Coat eggplants and zucchini with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Grill eggplant and zucchini 1 1/2 minutes on each side or just until tender. Cool; combine in a large bowl..
- Place bell peppers on grill, skin-side down; grill 3 minutes or until tender. Cut into (1 inch wide) strips. Add bell peppers to eggplant mixture..
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 cup asiago cheese, basil, parsley, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/2 tsp black pepper..
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting the salt and the fat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over tomato sauce. Top with half of eggplant mixture. Spread half of ricotta cheese mixture over eggplant mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange 3 noodles and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce over cheese; cover with remaining eggplant mixture. Top with remaining ricotta. Spread pesto over ricotta; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover with remaining 3 noodles..
- Spoon 1 cup spaghetti sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup asiago cheese and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before serving..
Brush a loaf tin with oil. Throw all the vegies in a plastic bag with the garlic, salt n pepper to mix it all up easily before putting on your tray. Include sliced eggplant (don't forget to salt and drain it first) it fits in perfectly with all the flavours going on in this recipe. In her headnotes, Ina explains, "I've wrestled with all kinds of vegetable lasagnas. I love the flavor but the liquid in the vegetables always makes the lasagna watery.