Classic Lasagna. Make this classic lasagna recipe zestier by using hot Italian sausage or a little milder with regular Italian sausage. Don't be scared off by the long cooking time. The wait is well worth it.
In large heavy pan lightly brown beef and onion in oil. Meanwhile cook lasagne as directed; drain. Then alternate layers of lasagne, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella. You can cook Classic Lasagna using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Lasagna
- Prepare of No-boil Lasagna Noodles.
- It’s of Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare of Fresh Parsely.
- It’s of Raw egg.
- Prepare of Ground Beef/Pork.
- You need of Fennel Seeds.
- Prepare of Whole Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Fresh Basil.
- It’s of Large Onion.
- You need of Dried Oregano.
- It’s of Fresh Spinash.
- It’s of Bacon.
- It’s of Mozzarella.
- You need of Grated Parmigiano Cheese.
- You need of Italian Parsely.
- Prepare of Salt/Pepper.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
A definite crowd-pleaser, this classic lasagna is thick, rich and meaty with lots of cheese—just the way I like it. Even though my parents were Hungarian, I have a weakness for savory Italian foods like this. —Suzanne Barker, Bellingham, Washington Remove from heat and drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through. Vegetable Lasagna: Prepare Classic Lasagna as directed, except omit beef or sausage.
Classic Lasagna instructions
- Cheese Layer: Finely cut the fresh basil. In large stainless bowl, mix basil, ricotta cheese, and egg. Set off to side for later..
- Meat Sauce Layer 1: On medium heat in a large frying pan, add olive oil and grill ground meat, add fennel seeds and salt/pepper. After meat is completely browned, use spoon to remove any excess watery fat..
- Meat Sauce Layer 2: In a separate frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil, canned tomatoes, & chopped onions, garlic, fresh basil, and oregano. Bring to a soft simmer..
- Meat Sauce Layer 3: Add all of the meat into the tomato frying pan and simmer for another 5 min. then remove from heat and set off to the side. Don't wash the meat frying pan..
- Spinach Layer: Add more olive oil to the meat frying pan and simmer the bacon. Once lightly browned, add in finely chopped spinach and heat until the spinach is soft..
- Build it 1: In a glass baking pan, coat the bottom with olive oil and add 2 sheets of lasagna (3 sheets if you have a larger pan). Completely cover the sheets with a layer (1/3 of total) of meat sauce. Add 2 more sheets on top..
- Build it 2: Completely cover with the ricotta cheese layer. Add 2 more sheets on top. Add another meat sauce layer and 2 more sheets..
- Build it 3: Add the spinach layer, 2 sheets, then top off with the remainder of the meat sauce..
- Top with mozzarella & parmigiano cheeses, cover in foil and bake at 250C for 30 min..
- Remove from oven, garnish on top with fresh Italian parsley and serve!.
- I made a recipe video that you can view on the Japanese site: https://cookpad.com/recipe/4945728.
When you're in need for a comforting dish, this Classic Lasagna is the perfect recipe. We love the cheese combinations of this recipe: shredded mozzarella, cottage cheese or ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella slices. Yes, each cheese has a reason to be in this recipe. Lasagna is always a family favorite, and for good reason. Classic, homemade lasagna is pure comfort food, and while it takes a little effort to put together, it's easy to cook and feeds a crowd.