Bison Lasagna. Our Bison Lasagna is packed with all the flavors you know and love. Then it's complemented with the sweeter, more tender taste of bison. So preheat the oven and get ready to take your next dinner up a notch.
Sprinkle a layer of a third of the grated mozzarella on. Brown ground bison and onion until cooked. Season the meat while it's cooking with salt, pepper and garlic. You can have Bison Lasagna using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bison Lasagna
- You need of Ground Bison Meat.
- You need of small onion, diced.
- Prepare of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare of large carton cottage cheese.
- Prepare of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of salt, pepper, garlic,.
- Prepare of spinach (optional).
Drain (if needed) and add spaghetti sauce and extra garlic if desired. Cook lasagna noodles according to package. Begin layering the ingredients beginning with the noodles. Bison Lasagna This lasagna recipe was adapted from a recipe in the Rao's cookbook.
Bison Lasagna step by step
- Brown ground bison and onion until cooked. Season the meat while it's cooking with salt, pepper and garlic. Drain (if needed) and add spaghetti sauce and extra garlic if desired..
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package. Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish..
- Begin layering the ingredients beginning with the noodles. Use 4-5 overlapping noodles on bottom layer. Follow with 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 of cottage cheese and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. The toppings will not cover noodles completely. It should just be random..
- Continue with layers until you have done 3 total. The last addition of cheese should cover the entire top..
- Bake in 350*F oven for 40 minutes or until top is browned..
- IMPORTANT: Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting for best results..
Everyone that I have ever served it to has said it is the best lasagna they have ever eaten. To prepare bison filling, brown meat with garlic, basil and salt. Prepare lasagna noodles as directed on package. Saute the onions and peppers together until the onions are golden brown. Cover with a single layer of noodles.