Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce.
You can cook Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce
- It’s 1 Tbs of extra virgin Olive Oil.
- You need of Try to make equal amounts of the vegetables:.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of small stalk of celery, finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped garlic.
- You need 14 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 oz of dry red wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of freeze-dried oregano, use 1/3 less if dried.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs of freeze-dried basil, use 1/3 less if dried.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of freeze-dried parsley, use 1/3 less if dried.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar (I use 1 tsp white sugar and a drop of molasses).
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Butter.
- It’s 4-6 oz of shelled shrimp.
- You need 3 oz of spaghetti.
- It’s of Parmesan Reggiano cheese to grind over pasta.
Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce step by step
- In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring very frequently, until the onion is translucent about 3-4 minutes..
- Add the celery and carrots then cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, parsley, fish sauce, and wine. Simmer, covered, on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and the vegetables are completely tender…
- Stir in the brown sugar or white sugar/molasses combo. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as needed. Add the butter and stir into sauce..
- In a food processor, blend the sauce until it is smooth. I use a stick blender right in the pot..
- Simmer some more if sauce is too thin. Keep warm while you cook the pasta..
- When the Pasta is about ready, bring the sauce to a simmer and add the shrimp and cook gently until pink, don't overcook. Put on plates and pass the cheese..
- Serve with slices of Italian bread and a good red wine..