Family Lasagna. Lasagna is a very forgiving dish – so you can adjust the meats, seasonings and even the proportion of cheeses and sauce used in each layer of this wonderful dish to make it exactly how your family likes it! You may like these other lasagna recipes: White Vegetable Lasagna; Meatball Lasagna; Chicken Lasagna with Pesto Cream Sauce Mathison Family Lasagna – Home & Family. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and add a generous pinch of salt.
The whole family will love this rolled lasagna recipe, which makes a great Meatless Monday dinner, or a great vegetarian meal anytime. This recipe is a bit of a departure for Pasta Grammar, as it is in no way a "traditional" Italian recipe. Rather, this is the personal family recipe of Eva's father, Turi. You can have Family Lasagna using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Family Lasagna
- You need of and 1/2 pounds Ground beef 80/20 blend.
- It’s of medium size yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare of green bell pepper chopped.
- You need of Mushrooms chopped.
- You need of butter or margarine (your preference).
- You need of cooking oil (I use canola).
- You need of Ricotta cheese (your choice of brand).
- You need of and 1/2 of San Giorgio Lasagna noodles.
- Prepare of Mozzarella (your choice of brand).
- It’s of Grated Parmesan cheese (I prefer using Kraft).
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of jar of Ragu traditional spaghetti sauce.
The result is, by lasagna standards, pretty simple to make and falls somewhere between the Bolognese and Neapolitan styles. The recipe uses fresh pasta, which you can learn the basics of making here. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook as label directs; rinse noodles under cold water and drain.
Family Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large cooking pot with water and bring to boil. Once boiling add the noodles. Cook noodles until they are semi al dente. (noodles will cook thoroughly once you put the lasagna together and into the oven) Helpful tip – I found it to be helpful once noodles are done to drain them and keep them in cool water to prevent them from sticking as you are preparing the lasagna. This also stops the cooking process of the noodles..
- In a saute pan add your butter or margarine and oil. Once hot add your chopped onions chopped green peppers and mushrooms and salty until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- In a medium-sized skillet begin browning your ground beef. Add your seasonings salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder..
- Stare in your onions, mushrooms and peppers to the cooked ground beef..
- In a large cooking pot at your spaghetti sauce, and your ground beef mixture. And your sugar and cook over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Begin building your lasagna. In a lasagna dish I start off with spreading a layer of ricotta cheese. Next a layer of noodles. Next a layer of sauce. Next I sprinkle my grated Parmesan cheese. Next I spread an even layer of mozzarella cheese. I repeat this process for about a total of four layers or depending on how deep your lasagna dish..
- Place lasagna dish in preheated heat 375 degrees oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the top layer of mozzarella cheese forms a speckled golden brown, bubbly and delicious looking crust..
- Let cool for a few minutes and Bone Appetit!!!.
Meanwhile, heat large saucepot over medium-high heat. Strip and finely chop the rosemary leaves and finely chop the bacon. Lasagne is firm favourite in the Oliver household and this is my delicious, simple and nutritious recipe that will never let you down. In a large baking or roasting pan, layer sauce and pasta strips, alternating between whole wheat and regular pasta. Layer provolone and cheese mixture, repeat, top with pasta, sauce then remaining parmesan and mozzarella.