Enchilada Lasagna. Mix cottage cheese, egg, and cumin together in a small bowl. Combine the chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan and put over high heat. Set aside until ready to use.
Repeat layers using remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. You can have Enchilada Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Enchilada Lasagna
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- You need of pinto beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare of taco seasoning (homemade or 1 store bought packet).
- It’s of red enchilada sauce.
- It’s of shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- It’s of small tortillas, all sliced in half (flour or corn work).
Sauté the onion, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften. Roughly chop the peppers and set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Is it an enchilada or a lasagna?
Enchilada Lasagna step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and set it aside..
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the peppers and onions. Cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic. Cook and stir a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the beef to the skillet. Cook, breaking it up as it cooks, until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed. Add the pinto beans and taco seasoning and stir to incorporate everything. Remove the skillet from the heat..
- Spread a layer of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, enough to coat the bottom. Arrange 4 of the tortilla halves around the dish..
- Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture over the tortillas, about 1/2 cup of cheese, then another layer of enchilada sauce. Arrange 4 more tortilla halves over that, then continue to layer everything until all the meat is used up (you should get 3 layers)..
- After the last layer, add 4 more tortilla halves, then spread over the last of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle over the last 1/2 cup of cheese. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then cut into it and serve..
All the flavors of a beef enchilada layered between lasagna noodles. THIS is the kind of recipe you need to make when people are coming over for dinner this fall. You can even make it in advance (like the day before) and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to pop it in the. This is the best enchilada lasagna casserole we have for dinner often that my kids absolutely love! If you're looking for a baked cheesy casserole packed with lots of flavor and ground beef that is easy to throw together, this is it.