Lasagna. Lasagna with Squash and Cheese Sauce. In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt. This is a fabulous lasagna made with an artichoke and spinach mixture which has been cooked with vegetable broth, onions and garlic.
Add the parsley, oregano, and Italian seasonings, adjusting the amounts to taste. Sprinkle with garlic powder and/or garlic salt, to taste. Drain and pat dry the noodles. You can cook Lasagna using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- You need of # ground beef.
- You need of # pork (or sweet sausage).
- Prepare of onion, minced.
- Prepare of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare of can tomato paste.
- It’s of water, slightly less.
- You need of white sugar.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- Prepare of italian seasoning.
- Prepare of salt, divided.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of fresh parsley, chopped (4 tsp dried).
- You need of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare of ricotta cheese.
- You need of egg.
- Prepare of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of parmesan cheese, grated.
- Prepare of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
Overlap one third of the noodles atop the sauce to cover the pan bottom. Remove from heat and drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through. When you're in need for a comforting dish, this Classic Lasagna is the perfect recipe.
Lasagna step by step
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, pork, onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water. Add the sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt, pepper and 2T parsley (2 tsp dried). Add the red pepper flakes if using. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally..
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, 2T parsley (2 tsp dried) and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2C of meat sauce on the bottom. Put a single layer of noodles over the meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Top with 1C of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with some of the parmesan cheese. Repeat layers 2 times and the top will be the cheeses. Cover with sprayed foil to prevent the cheese sticking to it..
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into your lasagna..
- I had an 8oz roll of mozzarella cheese on hand, so I sliced it and put it on the cheese layers..
We love the cheese combinations of this recipe: shredded mozzarella, cottage cheese or ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella slices. Yes, each cheese has a reason to be in this recipe. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside. Lasagna is one of the oldest types of pasta, a classic Italian favorite that consists of layered noodles, cheese, sauce and meat. Lasagna noodles are long, flat noodles with two wavy edges, perfect for placing in a casserole dish and layering with cheese and sauce.