The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe. My grandparents immigrated to the U. That year, my grandma got this recipe from an old Italian lady who had also immigrated to the U. Every time I make or eat this authentic Italian lasagna recipe it helps me feel connected to my heritage.
Saute on medium heat until all pink color is gone from beef. Add tomatoes, minced garlic, sugar, salt, and oregano to pan. Put meat in large bowl, add half of tomato sauce. You can have The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe
- You need of Lasagna Pasta Sheets.
- You need of Italian Sausages cut into small pieces.
- You need of kilo Ground Beef / 2 lbs. Ground Beef.
- You need of Fresh Tomatoes grated.
- You need of Tomato paste.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of large pieces Mozzarella.
- Prepare of Ricotta Cheese.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Cinnamon stick.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Water.
Crush garlic in a press, and add it to mixture. Beat the egg in another large bowl, then add the entire container of ricotta. Lasagna: how to make the sauce. Now let's make the filling – meat sauce and béchamel sauce.
The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe instructions
- N a large sauce pan add in half a cup of the Olive Oil, sausages, and ground beef. Once the meat has turned brown add in the fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon stick, 3 cups of water and let boil on low heat for about 2 hrs..
- When the sauce is ready, add into the baking pan a scoop of sauce, and start layering in the Lasagna sheets. (I don’t have a large enough square baking pan, so I used a round one) Add in a large scoop of the sauce with sausages, and ground beef, top with the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Continue layering with the Lasagna sheets, and until all the ingredients have finished..
- I just wanted to mention back in those days, Lasagne sheets did not exist, both Maria and my mom used regular boiled pasta..
- Finish topping with the leftover Olive Oil….and Oregano.
- Pop into the oven, and bake at 180 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. I hope you enjoy making and eating this recipe as much as my mom and I have been doing for so many years. Thank you Maria for your wonderful recipe!!!! 🙂.
Let's start with the meat sauce. The Only Italian Lasagna Recipe You'll Ever Need. A properly-made lasagna is a dish of consummate beauty and one of the most beloved Italian food dishes in the world. But there is a big difference between authentic lasagna and the frozen stuff you buy at the store. That's why we went to our resident Italian.