Couscous with prawns and sausage. Prawns with paprika couscous and garlic sauce recipe. Toss the prawns through the couscous and scatter over the the parsley and fennel fronds. Your kids will love the combination of fluffy couscous and spicy sausages and it's a great way to get them to eat their veg as well!
Add the prawns and garlic and fry until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Toss the prawns through the couscous and scatter over the the parsley. The Best Sausage Couscous Recipes on Yummly You can cook Couscous with prawns and sausage using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Couscous with prawns and sausage
- Prepare 340 g of frozen prawns, deveined.
- You need 2 links of chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4 cm slices.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno popper, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 150 g of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of golden couscous.
- You need of Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish.
Spicy Beef with Bamboo and CouscousO Meu Tempero. Couscous and tomatoes are combined with garlic, onions, and jack cheese! This dish smothers your tongue with flavor. A couscous bowl with loads of veggies, lemony chicken, and tzatziki sauce!
Couscous with prawns and sausage instructions
- Defrost the prawns and remove the shells. Lay both out on paper-towel lined plates in the fridge to dry for 30 minutes before cooking..
- Add a good glug of olive oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the prawn shells and let them toast for 10 minutes in the oil. Use a wooden spoon to press down and extract all their goodness. Remove the shells and discard..
- Add the sausages to the pot. Fry for about 5 or 6 minutes until they're brown and caramelized. Remove the sausages and set aside..
- Add the onion, garlic, green pepper and jalapeno to the pot. Toss them in the oil and let cook for 2 or 3 minutes until softened. Sprinkle in the cumin, paprika and oregano, plus a dash of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, and continue cooking another 2 minutes..
- Add the wine to the pot and give it a few minutes to cook off. Add the prawns and tomatoes, and return the sausage. Cook until the prawns just start to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in the couscous and give everything a quick stir. Take the pot off the heat and cover with a lid. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and give the pot a stir to combine. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro (the eagle-eyed will probably notice I used parsley; it's all I had at hand and worked alright)..
Can be made ahead of time and re-heated for a healthy work-lunch option. Couscous is a Maghrebi dish made up of either semolina, couscous flour, or a mixture of the two. It can be prepared by steaming in broth or stock, then fluffing with a fork Couscous tastes deliciously nutty and savory due to its unique flavor profile that consists of spices like onion powder and harissa. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Prawn and Harissa Stew With Couscous. food.com.