Eggplant lasagna. Our eggplant lasagna is a delicious, crowd-pleasing dinner that results from swapping traditional lasagna noodles for slabs of fresh eggplant. Besides being a great gluten-free and low-carb alternative to classic lasagna, this comforting casserole is the perfect way to put a load of summer eggplant to good use. The best eggplant to use in this lasagna recipe are the most tubular-shaped that.
Lay eggplant slices out onto prepared baking sheets into a single layer. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay slices on a cooling rack and season with salt. You can cook Eggplant lasagna using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant lasagna
- You need of x-large eggplant of 2 medium ones sliced into thin rounds.
- You need of eggs scrambled. 2 for eggplant dip and 1 for meat mixture.
- It’s of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s of ground turkey seasoned with S&P, browned, drained, and cooled.
- Prepare of low fat ricotta.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of homemade pasta sauce.
- It’s of low fat mozzarella shredded.
- You need of fresh basil, 1 tsp dried oregano, and Parmesan cheese if you want.
- It’s of Salt and pepper ingredients as you go.
Add a layer of eggplant slices, covering the bottom of the dish completely. It's okay if the eggplant slices overlap slightly. Add a layer of the ricotta mixture and spread in a thin, even layer. The key to making Eggplant Lasagna as tasty (and satisfying as!) a lasagna you'd order in an Italian restaurant is to properly prepare the eggplant itself.
Eggplant lasagna instructions
- Brown the 2 lbs of ground turkey with S&P, and drain. Cool then add ricotta, 1 scrambled egg, and about 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Add herbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook egg dipped and breaded eggplant on greased sheet for 25 min. You should have 3 pan fills of eggplant to layer once done. Bake eggplant on 425 until golden..
- Layer eggplant, ricotta mixture, a little sauce and continue to layer. You should have 3 eggplant layers and 2 ricotta layers..
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 1 hour at 375. Enjoy!.
Since the eggplant slices stand in for the lasagna noodles (a serious job in the business of lasagna), it's important that the eggplant both tastes great and has a fantastic texture. This easy eggplant lasagna recipe is all the flavor and comfort of classic lasagna but without the noodles! Roasted eggplant slices, layered with a delicious cheese mixture with spinach and fresh herbs. This is a yummy and easy Jewish eggplant lasagna! Preparation can be done ahead of time, refrigerated and baked later in the day.