Meat Lasagna. There are only two things you need for great lasagna: a thick, rich, super-meaty meat sauce and lots of it, and a ricotta filling where only the finest cheeses are welcomed. For the sauce, I love a combination of half Italian sausage and half lean ground beef. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
Arrange another single layer of noodles crosswise in the dish. I added the browned meat / garlic / onion mixture to the tomatoes, paste, sauce, seasonings, etc. Classic, homemade lasagna is pure comfort food, and while it takes a little effort to put together, it's easy to cook and feeds a crowd. You can have Meat Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meat Lasagna
- Prepare of EVOO oil.
- It’s of celery, diced.
- You need of red onion, diced.
- It’s of ground beef.
- You need of sugar-free tomato sauce.
- It’s of fresh ginger, minced.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of CHEESE FILLING.
- It’s of Ricotta cheese.
- Prepare of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of egg.
- It’s of fresh garlic, minced.
- Prepare of dried Italian seasoning.
- You need of garlic powder.
This traditional lasagna recipe has a simple meat and tomato sauce that's alternated with gooey cheese and noodles for an irresistible dish. In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt. Spinach and Meat Lasagna Shugary Sweets. There's nothing like rich and meaty lasagna for dinner, especially when you've got a hungry family to feed.
Meat Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large skillet, heat oil. Add celery and onion, cook until tender..
- Add ground beef, cook until browned. Drain off excess fat..
- Add tomato sauce, garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer 2 min. stirring constantly. Remove from heat..
- In med. bowl, mix cheese ingredients using half the Mozzarella cheese..
- Fill bottom of 9×13-inch baking dish with meat mixture. Top with cheese mixture. Sprinkle on remaining Mozzarella cheese..
- Bake 45-50 min. until golden and bubbly. Cool 10 min. before slicing..
Fabulous recipe for a "Basic Meat Lasagna" and a great recipe for times when you want lasagna but don't have the time to make it from scratch! This is very easy to throw together and perfect for a hearty weeknight meal. So if your're in the mood for Italian but think you don't have the time – think again. This simple lasagna is perfect for when you're short on time, but craving a comforting meal. Extra-lean ground beef (which sometimes cooks up dry) works well here because it's combined with marinara to keep it moist.