Skillet Veggie Lasagna. Follow our freezer tips to ensure your vegetarian lasagna comes out just as fresh. Stir the soup, tomatoes and spinach in the skillet. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Add in the garlic and a generous pinch of. Add the spinach, zucchini, and mushrooms. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, and dried basil. You can have Skillet Veggie Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Veggie Lasagna
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of onion, diced.
- You need of small bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare of small zucchini, diced.
- It’s of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- It’s of each dried oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes.
- You need of uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces.
- You need of marinara sauce (Store bought or homemade).
- Prepare of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of ricotta cheese.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Chopped fresh basil, for topping.
Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to medium and cover the skillet with a lid. Remove the lid and gently stir in the ricotta cheese.
Skillet Veggie Lasagna instructions
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Then add the onions, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, until the veggies are tender. Stir in the garlic, dried oregano, dried basil and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the broken up lasagna noodles to the skillet, then pour the marinara sauce and diced tomatoes over the top of the noodles. Then fill up the empty tomato can about halfway with water and pour that in. Make sure all noodles are covered. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Once it reaches a low boil, reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the noodles are al dente..
- Once noodles are done, lower the heat down to the lowest setting and stir in the ricotta cheese..
- Spread the mozzarella cheese over the top, then cover with the lid for 3-4 minutes, until it all is melted. Top with the parmesan cheese and freshly chopped basil. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Top the lasagna with fresh mozzarella slices. Heat a large, high-side skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add the zucchini, mushroom and red pepper. Add the garlic and cook another minute.