Chicken Lasagna. This is a wonderful recipe passed on to me from my Dad. It is simple and delicious — perfect for family gatherings! I usually make this dish the night before and pop in the oven the next day.
Remove from the heat; stir in soup, milk, pimientos and basil. Our best chicken lasagna will make even the pickiest eaters at your table join the clean plate club. Learn how to make chicken lasagna for dinner tonight or prepare in advance for your potluck next week. You can cook Chicken Lasagna using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Lasagna
- You need of Chopped onion.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Chicken breast – cut into 1" pieces.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Basil.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Hunts Fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need of Cooked lasagne noodles (6-9 depending on how you like your lasagne. Some people make their last layer noodles and cheese.).
- Prepare of Low fat cottage cheese.
- Prepare of Part skim mozzarella.
- You need of Parmesan.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- You need of Fresh spinach if you want, stuck in the layers.
Chicken Lasagna is the perfect make-ahead meal to either refrigerate and bake the next day or to assemble and freeze. You can make and assemble the entire lasagna a day in advance and refrigerate (without baking). I actually prefer assembling it the day before because it allows time for the flavors to build and marry. Lasagna noodles layered between white meat chicken, vegetables, and a creamy sauce, topped with breadcrumbs.
Chicken Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven 350f. Coat a large skillet w/Pam; place over med heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté 2 min. Add cut chicken, brown. Add parsley, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and (undrained) tomatoes. Stir well, bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Coat a lasagna pan with spray. Place 3 noodles in dish. Layer half each: cottage cheese, mozzarella, chicken mixture and Parmesan. Repeat layers. (I snuck fresh spinach in between a couple of layers).
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle cheddar. Bake additional 5-10 minutes, until cheddar is bubbly..
Made with ingredients you can feel good about for a homemade taste you'll love. Stir until all the cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. This lasagna is a meal in itself. A completely amazing, totally delicious chicken lasagna recipe that is always a favorite!