Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto. I used pre-cut butternut squash from a local grocery store. If you can get pre-cut squash, it will save you a ton of time but if not, simply use a mandolin. Although this grain-free lasagna is not ultra low in carbs, it can be included on a keto diet as long as you stay within your macros.
It's a seasonal dish filled with rich creamy cheeses, bechamel, butternut squash and fresh spinach. This lasagna was inspired by the "Just Like The Real Thing" Low Carb Keto Lasagna invented by Peace Love and Low Carb. Butternut Squash & Spinach [Keto] Lasagna. You can have Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto
- It’s of Butternut Squash.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Mozzarella.
- You need of Meat sauce.
- Prepare of Minced Beef.
- You need of Tomato Puree.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Oregano, Basil, Salt, Pepper.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of White sauce.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Milk.
This dish was recommended by a health professional who is on the Keto diet. Even if you arent on Keto though, this recipe looks pretty delicious and I cannot wait to try it myself! Please post your photos of the final product so we can see how well it turns out! 🙂 Most people who are doing Keto diet. In saute pan, cook Italian sausage and crumble.
Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto step by step
- Pre-bake the squash by baking at 175C for around 40 minutes and let it cool down. This will make it easier to peel and cut the squash. In the meantime, we can prepare the sauces..
- The meat sauce – Press garlic into pre-heated pan with olive oil and roast slightly. Add finely diced onion and roast until golden, followed by the minced beef, salt and pepper. Once the beef is cooked all over, we can add the tomato puree with the herbs, salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer until the flavours blend well together..
- The white sauce – Melt 2 spoons of butter in another pan and stir in 2 spoons of flour. Keep stirring on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes. In the meantime, pour a glass of milk and place in the microwave for a minute and a half. Pour 1/2 cup into the butter-flour mix, and pour an extra quarter of the cup of milk into the cup, mixing well before pouring into the mix. We do not want to cool the mix down by pouring in cold milk. Taste with salt and pepper. Stir until the sauce thickens..
- Having the butternut ready, we cut off the top half (the half without seeds) peel it and slice into thin slices all across into ‘lasagna sheets’..
- We pour a tiny bit of oil into a baking dish, and build a base layer with the squash slices. We pour our meat sauce as a second layer, followed by another layer of squash sheets. The white sauce is next, and the final layer of squash. Topped with mozzarella all over, the lasagna are ready to be baked at 180• for 20-30 minutes..
Add onion and garlic partway through and cook until onions are getting soft and sausage is browned. Slice off ends of butternut squash. Lasagna is a baked Italian dish of thin sheets of pasta layers with sauce and fillings in between. Obviously, pasta is a no-can-do zone for the keto lifestyle. However, the other elements of Low Carb Butternut Squash and Mushroom Lasagna are all there, so in my view, this is definitely worthy of the lasagna title.