Shrimp and avocado salad. Made with shrimp and the freshest ingredients – avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chopped jalapeño tossed with some freshly squeezed lime juice and a touch of olive oil. Best shrimp avocado salad I ever made! Eliminated pepper and still was wonderful.
Add tortilla chips to the sides of the bowls. Makes for a perfect light lunch or side dish to serve a crowd. Creamy, zesty, tasty, filling, and a light and refreshing salad! You can have Shrimp and avocado salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and avocado salad
- You need 2 of ripe avocados.
- Prepare 20 of shrimp, cooked and peeled.
- Prepare 1 of grapefruit cut into slices.
- Prepare 1 bag of lettuce/mesclun.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare of The juice of 2 limes.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lime.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced fresh mint.
- Prepare 1/2 of minced red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of minced red onion.
- You need of Salt to taste.
Spring salads are in full effect my friends. Fresh produce is in abundance in the markets and every time I see avocados it's impossible to not grab several. Then, whip up this shrimp, asparagus and avocado salad! It's simple, light, creamy, healthy and oh, so tasty.
Shrimp and avocado salad instructions
- To start, prepare the vinaigrette by combining ½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, the lime zest, the lime juice and the salt in a bowl. Then, mix it together with a whisk and add the ½ minced red onion, ½ minced red pepper and a spoonful of minced fresh mint. Mix together and set aside..
- In another bowl, mix a bag of lettuce with 20 cooked shrimp and two peeled avocados. Once mixed together, dress with the vinaigrette you prepared..
- Serve in a salad bowl and decorate with cooked shrimp and the grapefruit slices..
This Shrimp and Avocado Salad is from my friend Gina's new cookbook, Skinnytaste Fast and Slow. A perfect appetizer from the Skinnytaste Fast and Slow Cookbook! Shrimp and Avocado Salad – This tastes just like shrimp taco in salad form! Loaded with tomatoes, corn, black beans, cilantro, avocado and crushed tortilla chips with the very best cilantro lime dressing ever! This shrimp and avocado salad is perfect for summer or really year round side dish worthy.