Mexican lasagna. It is best served with salsa and sour cream. It is also wonderful reheated in the microwave as leftovers. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Only in true southwestern style, we are using corn tortillas in place of lasagna noodles, salsa instead of sauce, beans in place of béchamel, and mild cheddar and jack instead of ricotta and Parmesan. Add seasoning packet, onion, tomato sauce and salsa. Combine cottage cheese and egg in small bowl. You can cook Mexican lasagna using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican lasagna
- It’s of ground beef.
- Prepare of med onion.
- You need of large Bell pepper.
- Prepare of ranch style beans.
- Prepare of red enchilada sauce.
- You need of taco seasoning or your own mix.
- It’s of lot of cheese (I didn't measure when I made it).
- It’s of tortillas med size.
- It’s of sliced back olives.
- You need of tomato.
- You need of sour cream.
You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave. The Mexican Lasagna is loaded with juicy beef, tomatoes, beans, corn, olives and green chilies. This satisfying cast of characters are added directly to the enchilada sauce so the instantly are pumped with flavor and save you from extra layering. Add a kick to your evening with our VELVEETA® Mexican Lasagna, featuring feisty salsa and bubbly Mexican-inspired VELVEETA®.
Mexican lasagna step by step
- Cut up onion and 3/4 of a bell pepper. Cook onion and pepper when you brown the hamburger meat..
- Drain meat. Then put back in your pan. Add taco seasoning and beans if needed add a little enchilada sauce to add moisture to the mixture..
- In casserole dish put half the mixture in the bottom of the pan. Add a nice layer of cheese then cover with tortillas. Repeat once..
- Once completed add a thin layer of enchilada sauce to the tortillas. Layer top with cheese then back olives. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted about 20-30 minutes..
- Optional: when severing add a scoop of sour cream and sprinkle chopped tomatoes and Bell pepper.
With just one bite you're sure to see why reviewers are raving about our VELVEETA® Mexican Lasagna recipe. How do you make Mexican lasagna? To make Mexican lasagna, first make the filling by cooking up crumbles of ground beef in a pan. While the beef is cooking, add chopped onion and garlic to the pan. Add the taco seasoning, green chiles, diced tomatoes and corn.