Vegetarian mexican lasagna. Reduce heat to medium-low and add salsa, black beans, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Smear a bit of Enchilada Sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with half the Hot Filling.
Add a layer of the veggie mixture (about ¼ cup) on top of the tortilla. Add the cumin, paprika, oregano, chili powder, and salt and stir to combine. In a large bowl, combine black beans, chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic, and taco seasoning. You can have Vegetarian mexican lasagna using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- You need of avocado oil.
- You need of large red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare of small yellow onion, diced.
- It’s of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- You need of cheezwhiz.
- You need of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- Prepare of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- Prepare of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- You need of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- Prepare of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of chipotle or chili powder.
Remove from blender and set aside. In a medium sauté pan add the olive oil, diced red onion, and chopped mushrooms and bell pepper. Once soft, add in the minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and stir to combine. Spread with half of the corn mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna instructions
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..
Make sure you spread it around, so it is covering the entire base of the pan. Then, put a layer of oven-ready noodles on the bottom, overlapping the noodles a little to form a barrier. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in tomatoes with juice, salsa, and black beans.