Chicken Lasagna. This is a wonderful recipe passed on to me from my Dad. It is simple and delicious — perfect for family gatherings! I usually make this dish the night before and pop in the oven the next day.
Remove from the heat; stir in soup, milk, pimientos and basil. Our best chicken lasagna will make even the pickiest eaters at your table join the clean plate club. Learn how to make chicken lasagna for dinner tonight or prepare in advance for your potluck next week. You can cook Chicken Lasagna using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Lasagna
- You need 3-4 of Lasagne pasta sheets.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cheese to spread on top.
- Prepare of Chicken red sauce.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast (cut into very fine pieces).
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped.
- It’s 5 of garlic pods (finely chopped).
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt as required.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare of Oregano and Italian seasoning.
- You need of Chilli flakes.
- You need of White sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour or wheat flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheese (any cheese).
Chicken Lasagna is the perfect make-ahead meal to either refrigerate and bake the next day or to assemble and freeze. You can make and assemble the entire lasagna a day in advance and refrigerate (without baking). I actually prefer assembling it the day before because it allows time for the flavors to build and marry. Saute mushrooms and onion until soft.
Chicken Lasagna step by step
- To make chicken red sauce: Boil 2 tomatoes. Peel off the skin. Grind it into coarse paste..
- Heat a saucepan with oil. Add garlic and sauté until it becomes slightly brown. Add onion and sauté until it becomes soft. Add chicken and sauté until it gets cooked. Add tomato paste. Sauté for few mins..
- Add red chilli powder, salt, sugar, tomato ketchup, vinegar, oregano, Italian seasoning, chilli flakes and butter. Mix it well. Let it boil until raw smell goes. Red chicken sauce is ready. Keep it aside..
- To make white sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook it for 1-2 mins. Gradually stir in milk. Stir constantly until the sauce gets thicken. Add water or milk to adjust the consistency. Add oregano, Italian seasoning and cheese. Give it a quick mix and switch off the heat..
- To cook pasta: Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to the instructions given on package. Once cooked, drain the water and keep it in the cold water to avoid sticking..
- Assembly: Keep the pan ready. Firstly add thin layer of white sauce. Then start layering in the order of 1. pasta, 2.red chicken sauce, 3. white sauce. Continue layering in the same order till pasta sheets are over. You can add as much as layering you want. On top spread some cheese, oregano and Italian seasoning..
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 40 – 45 mins..
Easy Chicken Lasagna; Easy Chicken Lasagna. Be the first to rate & review! Paired with a simple green salad and some crusty bread, this chicken lasagna is an easy weeknight meal. This lasagna is a meal in itself. A completely amazing, totally delicious chicken lasagna recipe that is always a favorite!