Bang bang shrimp. Bang Bang Shrimp is crispy and sizzling shrimp smothered in a creamy, sweet and spicy bang bang sauce. This easy copycat appetizer recipe is inspired by popular Bonefish Grill bang bang shrimp. (Full Recipe and Directions listed below!) This is by far one of my favorite appetizers. It's absolutely delicious, and super easy to prepare.
No matter how often we make it, it never gets old. Read on for tips and tricks to make your shrimp the best they can be! Bang Bang Shrimp has managed to win the hearts (and taste buds) of thousands with its refreshingly crispy texture, flavorful meat, and exotic, spicy taste. You can cook Bang bang shrimp using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bang bang shrimp
- You need as needed of raw shrimp.
- Prepare as needed of cornstarch.
- It’s as needed of oil for frying.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sweet chili sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar.
This family-favorite features juicy fried shrimp. Bang Bang Shrimp got its name from the 'pop' of flavor from the Sriracha and chili sauce that is in the sauce. It has both a sweet and spicy kick to each bite. Bang Bang Shrimp consists of large shrimp coated in cornstarch and seasonings and then covered in a spicy sauce.
Bang bang shrimp step by step
- If using frozen shrimp, defrost, (remove tails, shell, devein. You want dry shrimp. ( I have mine on a paper towel after they have been defrosted).
- To make sauce mix all ingredients together. This can be made the night before and just pop in the fridge..
- “Coat Shrimp in cornstarch and fry. Not much oil is needed.. or can air fry..
- Sides- our shrimp and sauce over rice and add a side of broccoli or a salad. spaghetti noodles, eggs noodles, use corn tortillas shell and make it into tacos add some fresh cilantro… ended choices..
It is a great appetizer to serve before the main course meal. For bang bang shrimp fanatics, this question might sound pretty bonkers—you can just skip ahead to the recipe!—but for the uninitiated "bang bang shrimp" might sound at best confusing and at worst. This shrimp is out-of-this-world good, made with stir fried shrimp mixed with a creamy, sweet and spicy chili sauce served on a bed of shredded lettuce and purple cabbage topped. These Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos are a copycat of the ones from Bonefish Grill. Plump fried shrimp gets tossed in a spicy sriracha and chili garlic sauce.