Fridge-Clearing Shrimp Bisque 🦐.
You can cook Fridge-Clearing Shrimp Bisque 🦐 using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fridge-Clearing Shrimp Bisque 🦐
- You need 60 g of Shrimp shells.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 50 g of Carrot.
- It’s 100 g of Onion.
- You need 40 g of Celery.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 100 ml of White wine.
- You need 150 g of Puréed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Dried bay leaf.
- It’s 500 ml of Milk.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Parsley (or cilantro).
Fridge-Clearing Shrimp Bisque 🦐 step by step
- Chop the carrot, and slice the onion, garlic, and celery. I am a big fan of celery leaves because they are intensely flavored… so I add some as a bonus..
- Put the olive oil and sliced garlic to a pot, and cook over medium-low heat. When the garlic is lightly browned, add the shrimp shells and sauté for a while..
- When the shrimp shells turned pink, add all the carrot, onion and celery, and cook them over medium heat..
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the white whine and cook for a minute. Then add the puréed tomatoes (crush them as needed) and the bay leaf. Stir and cook over medium-low heat. When liquid is reduced by about half, turn off the fire and let it cool down for a while..
- After it's cooled, take out the bay leaf and pour everything else into a blender. Blend the solids until they turn into a purée..
- Strain the purée and put it back in the pot. Add the milk and cook slowly over low heat. Finish with salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve garnished with parsley. For a change, you could substitute the parsley for cilantro..