Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo.
You can have Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo
- Prepare 18 of small thin skin stew potatoes.
- Prepare 12 of corn on the cob (short/shucked).
- It’s 4 cups of baby carrots.
- You need 3 of sweet bell peppers (green, yellow and red cut into wedges).
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli (chunked).
- Prepare 2 of red or green apples (wedged).
- It’s 2 lbs of large butterfly shrimp.
- You need 1 cup of butter (salted).
- Prepare of Sweet Coconut Sauce (optional).
- It’s 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter (softened).
- You need 6 Tbsp of malibu coconut flavored rum.
- Prepare of For Spicey Sweet Coconut Sauce (add ingredients from below).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
Coconut Grilled Shrimp Gumbo step by step
- Prepare grill (gas or charcoal) and heat it up. If using a charcoal grill, let the starter fluid cook off before applying any food. Restrict the air flow to allow for a slower cook time. 400° with no flame is ideal.
- In a aluminum cooking pan (9×15) place the butter inside the pan and all other ingredients. Add your favorite Seasoning(s).
- Let grill until all vegetables are tender and had a chance to incorporate that smoky flavor (about a hour and a half.) Stir at every thirty minute mark and maintain as much heat as you can on the grill without adding more charcoal. (gas grills do not apply).
- While Gumbo is grilling. In a medium bowl add powdered sugar, softened butter and Malibu Coconut flavored Rum and mix together until smooth. Set aside. The sweet sauce is a optional choice for the individual taste and should not be added to the main dish unless you want that sweet Coconut flaver. Some folks may like it with only the Seasoning of the individuals choice..
- (OPTIONAL) If you want your Sweet Coconut Sauce Spicey, add Cayenne and Crushed Red Pepper to the mixture..
- You are ready to serve your outstanding Sweet Shrimp Gumbo in various combinations to please all your guests.. Enjoy!.