Sambal prawn petai. Sambal Petai Prawns – 三巴臭豆虾. Смотреть позже. Поделиться. 辣椒參巴蝦米炒臭豆 Dried Prawn Sambal Petai. Petai, its either you hate it or you love it. It is known for its medicinal purposes and gives an instant energy boost.
Add in prawns and onion then water. Simmer to cook until gravy become thick. Put in petai at last and stir fry. You can have Sambal prawn petai using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal prawn petai
- Prepare to taste of prawns.
- You need to taste of petai (bitter bean).
- Prepare to taste of sambal (Indonesian chili paste).
- It’s to taste of minced tomato.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 drop of sweet sauce.
- Prepare to taste of potato.
- You need to taste of garlic.
An acquired taste, petai is delicious once you reach that stage. Paired with giant prawns, the taste is delicious. Petai (stink bean) is one of my favourite bean, especially cooked with sambal prawn, super yummy! And this bean has very good health benefits, read here to understand more. 母亲节快乐!
Sambal prawn petai instructions
- Pan fry garlic. Add petai. Fry till fragrant..
- Add sambal. Add tomato. Salt and sugar. Add water..
- Put in prawns. Add ONE TINY DROP of sweet sauce.
- Dice potatoes. Air-fry potato. Add into the frying pan and mix..
Petai is also known as stinkbean or bitter bean and resembles broad beans. However, knowing that not everyone would be a fan of the petai, I made sambal prawns without the petai as well. Mix the tamarind pulp with the water and strain the mixture. Add the prawns and tamarind water and bring to a quick boil. It's worth making a stink when sambal petai has prawns and anchovies thrown in.