Mexican Lasagna. It is best served with salsa and sour cream. It is also wonderful reheated in the microwave as leftovers. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Combine cottage cheese and egg in small bowl. It's called a Mexican "lasagna" because it's layered like its distant Italian cousin (very distant). Only in true southwestern style, we are using corn tortillas in place of lasagna noodles, salsa instead of sauce, beans in place of béchamel, and mild cheddar and jack instead of ricotta and Parmesan. You can cook Mexican Lasagna using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Lasagna
- You need of lean ground beef.
- Prepare of packet of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare of jalapeños, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of lime juice.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s of fresh chopped oregano.
- It’s of corn tortillas.
- You need of prepared salsa.
- You need of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare of For Garnish.
- It’s of Green onions, sliced.
- Prepare of To serve.
- You need of Sour cream and salsa for serving.
You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave. You can make the entire lasagna, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze it before baking. This Mexican Lasagna recipe is a spectacular twist on lasagna and one of my favorite recipes EVER – it is guaranteed to become a new repeat family favorite! If you love Mexican food, you will LOVE this Mexican Lasagna recipe!
Mexican Lasagna instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- In a skillet heat butter add onion, garlic and jalapeño and soften.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add taco seasoning, tomatoes with juices, lime and sugar cool until blemded.
- Turn off heat and add in parsley and oregano.
- Line the bottom of the prepared pan with 6 of the corn tortillas.
- Spread half the meat miure.
- Add 2 cups cheese evenly over meat.
- Add 6 more tortillas.
- Add remaing beef mixture.
- Then 2 cupsmore cheese.
- Add remaning 6 tortillas.
- Then top with salsa and remaining cheese.
- Top with green onions and bake 25 to 30 minutes until cheese melts.
- Let sit 15 min before slicing. Offer sour cream and Salsa for serving.
It's rich, satisfying, comforting, flavorful, cheesy, saucy and plain scrumptious! Add a kick to your evening with our VELVEETA® Mexican Lasagna, featuring feisty salsa and bubbly Mexican-inspired VELVEETA®. With just one bite you're sure to see why reviewers are raving about our VELVEETA® Mexican Lasagna recipe. How do you make Mexican lasagna? To make Mexican lasagna, first make the filling by cooking up crumbles of ground beef in a pan.