Tortilla Lasagna. I found a similar recipe online and experimented with the ingredients to create this delicious lasagna. It was an instant hit with my family! In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini, onions and beans; mix well.
In a medium-size bowl, mix the salsa with the cream or yogurt. Spread a thin layer of the salsa. How to make our Mexican Tortilla Lasagna. You can cook Tortilla Lasagna using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortilla Lasagna
- You need 1 Package of Tortillas (8ct.).
- You need 2 of Lbs. Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 Carton of Cherry Tomatoes.
- You need of Peppers (Your Discretion).
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of Sun dried Tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 Tbs. of Butter.
- It’s 2.5 Cups of Milk.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare of Green Onion.
- You need of Tortilla Chips.
Brown ground beef, rinse and drain. Rinse and drain black beans and drain corn. Sprinkle reduced fat cheddar on top of last layer. Top with a third of the hominy mixture and cheese.
Tortilla Lasagna step by step
- Season and brown grown ground beef, drain and set aside. Wash and chop veggies as you see fit..
- Add some oil to a pan season and sauté the onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Add in the peppers continue sautéing for a few more minutes..
- Add in the tomatoes along with a pinch of salt. Reintroduce the ground beef to pot and stir throughly. Remove from heat..
- Make a roux with the flour, butter, milk and sun dried tomatoes..
- After a few minutes, or when the roux is void of any lumps or irregularities, add and whisk in cheese. When cheese is melted, turn off heat. In an oven safe pan, lay down two tortillas and brush on some of the cheese sauce..
- Cover the previous layer with another tortilla and begin to spoon on the meat and veggies. Alternate until you have run out of tortillas or filling. (Save falling for an omelette or something)..
- Place in the oven at 400F until cheese is bubbly. About ten minutes or so..
- Allow to sit for about ten minutes so it can set up a little bit before cutting. Garnish with green onions and a few crushed tortilla chips..
Using foil strips as handles, remove the lasagna to a platter. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Also known as Taco Lasagna or Mexican Casserole, this dish is layered with corn tortillas, ground beef, green chiles, beans, salsa, and cheese. A huge hit with a crowd! Heat oil in a large skillet.