Zucchini Lasagna. Zucchini Lasagna With Beef and Sausage. This recipe is perfect if you have extra zucchini from the garden and/or you are looking for a great lasagna while on the South Beach or Atkins diets. It replaces lasagna noodles with slices of zucchini, but still tastes like the lasagna you love!
Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna. Top it off with some grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves, and you'll have the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. You can cook Zucchini Lasagna using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna
- It’s of Zucchini.
- Prepare of fat free ricotta.
- You need of fat free mozzarella.
- You need of Prego Sauce.
- Prepare of egg.
- It’s of ground Turkey.
Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta! I've made this dish a gazillion times and even shared it in my first cookbook! Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, wine, basil, and oregano, adding a small amount of hot water if sauce is too thick. Meanwhile, stir egg, ricotta, and parsley together in a bowl until well combined.
Zucchini Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Brown ground turkey in a pan, adding 1tbsp of minced garlic (optional).
- Add 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to turkey, mix thoroughly, and set pan aside..
- Take Zucchini and trim both ends, then proceeding to halve them. Using a sharp knife (I used a mandolin) to slice long thin strips..
- Grab your casserole dish, spray with nonstick oil, and a thin layer of sauce to prevent sticking..
- Lay down your first layer of Zucchini strips, being sure to cover bottom of dish. Then proceed to evenly lay your turkey and sauce mixture..
- Take your ricotta and egg and mixed together in a mixing bowl. Once combined, spread mixture over your turkey mixture evenly..
- Take 1/2 cup of your mozzarella and evenly sprinkle over ricotta..
- Layer remaining Zucchini. Top with rest of sauce and mozzarella..
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
Zucchini Lasagna. featured in Pasta Vs Lasagna. When it comes to comfort food, there are few meals as satisfying as warm, cheesy lasagna. This recipe is a lighter take on classic lasagna. It's made with thinly sliced zucchini in place of noodles, and it calls for ground turkey for the meat sauce, but it still contains everything you love. Thicker cuts will have more moisture and be difficult to dry out completely.