Slow Cooker Lasagna. Start with a skillet and finish with a slow cooker. A saute of onion, garlic and ground beef is simmered with tomato and oregano, then layered in a slow cooker with raw lasagna noodles and a creamy blend of cottage cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella. Add a third of the cheese.
Rinse the eggplant and zucchini under running water and spin until mostly dry. Overlap the noodles slightly and press. How to make Slow Cooker Lasagna: Prepare the red sauce, first. You can have Slow Cooker Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Lasagna
- You need of Meat Sauce:.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of ground beef.
- It’s of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes).
- It’s of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of each dried parsley, dried basil.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Cheesy Filling:.
- It’s of Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare of large egg.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s of dried parsley.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of Other things you need:.
- You need of lasagna noodles (not oven ready).
- It’s of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s of shredded parmesan.
I make my mom's awesome homemade spaghetti sauce for the sauce, but you could use any bottled marinara sauce you like. Add a little sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Break one lasagna noodle into three pieces.
Slow Cooker Lasagna step by step
- Grease your slow cooker well and set aside. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and the beef. Cook and break up the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if needed..
- Stir in the garlic and let it cook until fragrant, just a minute or so. Then stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar and seasonings. Let this simmer for 5-10 minutes just to let the flavors meld together. Then remove it from the heat and set aside..
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, seasonings, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Set that aside..
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, spread about 1 cup of sauce…more if needed to completely coat the bottom. Place 2-3 of the lasagna noodles over the meat sauce, breaking them up to fit as best you can..
- Place about a third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it all over..
- Repeat this process. I get 3 layers altogether. After the last layer of ricotta mixture, spread over the last of the meat sauce. Top with the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. At this point you could always place the lid on and store it in the fridge until ready to cook..
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the noodles are tender. Then scoop it out the best you can and serve immediately..
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Break the noodles to fit the inside of the slow cooker and cover the meat sauce. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired. A classic Italian recipe get a Slow Cooker Recipe twist with this lasagna. Slow Cooker Lasagna is juicy, cheesy, beefy, and tastes just as good as a classic lasagna, but easier!